Monday, January 15, 2007

Back To The Basics

Between eighteen and twenty five, life is like an exchange where one buys stocks, not with money, but with actions. I bought nothing. Even after 25, I was a reckless investor. And now I am a intellectual, preachy and self righteous professor of Investing at age 39.

Life goes on and I assume and resume my fu#*ing responsibility.

In the words of John Bentley, “What is high finance? It’s knowing the difference between one and ten, multiplying, subtracting and adding. You just add noughts. It’s no more than that”.

But Edmund Burke, an Anglo-Irish statesman, author, orator and political philosopher, observes that “The objects of a financier are, then, to secure an ample revenue; to impose it with judgment and equality; to employ it economically; and, when necessity obliges him to make use of credit, to secure its foundations in that instance, and for ever, by the clearness and candor of his proceedings, the exactness of his calculations, and the solidity of his funds”.

I like those high sounding jagon, even if it has put you to sleep. hahahaha....

No comments: