Who am I to talk about getting rich? Why should anybody listen to what I am writing about? Am I rich enough to be talking about getting rich? No one to answer but myself, here are some facts and thoughts on the issue.
Even though I have nothing to hide from the tax guys, it's a bit uncomfortable for me to disclose my exact Networth, etc.
- To start with, at 39 years of age, I have a house, car and a networth of over Rs 25 lacs. For getting the networth template on Excel, write to me
- I have over 16 years of rich experience in Insurance, Housing Finance and Investment industry. Have enjoyed operational responsibilities as well as managerial responsibilities(mostly middle management)
- I am a topper of college results in my graduation exams where I had honours in Physics(way back in 1990 and I hardly remember anything about Physics more than its spelling!!)
- I am doing an Executive MBA course now (2005-2007) which will hopefully keep my learning curve from collapsing!
Moving on to other things which have a bearing on the "rich"ness of this blog are my beliefs which could be outlined as follows:
- Getting rich can be done in two ways. Either maximise your income or minimise your needs. My needs have come down and I'm loving it.
- Spiritual wealth is important to me too. Look, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics have become important in MBA education too!
- I don't beleive in giving away advices, even though I may not be using them myself!!
- I am richer than Anil Ambani when it comes to sibling love. (Hey, I remember something about relativity from my Physics education now!!).
- I have a wonderful family to come back to every day.
- I have a rich experience that comes with age. Though it's useful only in recognising a mistake when I repeat them.
- At the end of the day, I have a rich sleep.