Saturday, January 13, 2007

Am I Rich?

My blog talks about getting rich. It says that getting rich is in your hands, nobody else's . It wants you to get started with working hard or smart (depends on you again), adding to your finance knowledge and generally taking responsibility for yourself. Get Rich Or Die Trying!

Who am I to talk about getting rich? Why should anybody listen to what I am writing about? Am I rich enough to be talking about getting rich? No one to answer but myself, here are some facts and thoughts on the issue.

Even though I have nothing to hide from the tax guys, it's a bit uncomfortable for me to disclose my exact Networth, etc.

  • To start with, at 39 years of age, I have a house, car and a networth of over Rs 25 lacs. For getting the networth template on Excel, write to me
  • I have over 16 years of rich experience in Insurance, Housing Finance and Investment industry. Have enjoyed operational responsibilities as well as managerial responsibilities(mostly middle management)
  • I am a topper of college results in my graduation exams where I had honours in Physics(way back in 1990 and I hardly remember anything about Physics more than its spelling!!)
  • I am doing an Executive MBA course now (2005-2007) which will hopefully keep my learning curve from collapsing!

Moving on to other things which have a bearing on the "rich"ness of this blog are my beliefs which could be outlined as follows:

  • Getting rich can be done in two ways. Either maximise your income or minimise your needs. My needs have come down and I'm loving it.
  • Spiritual wealth is important to me too. Look, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics have become important in MBA education too!
  • I don't beleive in giving away advices, even though I may not be using them myself!!
  • I am richer than Anil Ambani when it comes to sibling love. (Hey, I remember something about relativity from my Physics education now!!).
  • I have a wonderful family to come back to every day.
  • I have a rich experience that comes with age. Though it's useful only in recognising a mistake when I repeat them.
  • At the end of the day, I have a rich sleep.

No comments: