The book puts forward a mightily detailed framework for thinking. And I thought you don't have to do anything to think!! The five stage thinking process are TO, LO, PO, SO, GO and the details is as under:
- TO stage: The objective of thinking. Where do I want to end up.
- LO stage: Current situation, information available and required.
- PO stage: The possibilities, alternatives, new ideas.
- SO stage: So what? choosing among the possibilities.
- GO stage: Going ahead and implementing.
Looks easy. Wait till you get to the book which has amazing details on all the stages. That's when you go crazy about thinking!!