I'm forty today. I remember the famous lines of Charles Dickens in The tale of Two Cities:
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." -- and
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
It is also a time when I need to take stock of my life and see if I can make it better. Some defining quotes and thoughts about my life as I approach being forty are:
1. Anything that doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger
2. I need to be prepared for the worst and start living. Don't just sit there, Do something!
3. I believe that the future has many good things for me.
4. Being old is a matter of mind. If I don't mind, it does not matter. I believe that the best years of life are ahead.
5. Perhaps our character works like a muscle: it needs to be torn down, before it can be rebuilt, stronger than ever.
6. Take my advice. I don't use them anyway!!
7. The only people who find what they are looking for are fault finders.!
Having said that, let me see if I can build an action plan for myself and set a goal to achieve when I'm 50! The possible goals are:
1. Will know more about Personal Finance than anyone else in India.
2. Build the No.1 site on personal finance in India.
3. Maintain a body weight of around 78 and be more healthy!
4. Be able to control and obliterate the evil in me. LAGE RAHO!
5. Be able to see life as a movie.