Sunday, May 6, 2007

Entrepreneurship is a Jouney, not a Destination

15 years as an Entrepreneur is an inspiring read. Rajesh Jain is a serial entrepreneur who did his B Tech in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in 1988, and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, New York in 1989. He then worked at NYNEX Science and Technology for 2 years before returning to India in 1992. He created India's first Internet portal which was launched in 1995, which was acquired by Sify in November 1999 for USD 115 million.

For many like me, entrepreneurship appears glamorous and sexy . But the minute you get started with entrepreneurship, you realize that it will take so much of hard work.

This was what was working in my mind when I wrote to Rajesh Jain and here's what he replied.

Its always a tough ask becoming an entrepreneur. Fortunately for me, I have known no other life :-) Most days are what I call 'down' days -- things don't end up going according to plan. But then one gets used to it.

Starting off as an entrepreneur is the hardest part. Its the journey and not just the destination which one should enjoy.

Rajesh Jain has promised that he will write some more about entrepreneurship in India on his blog. So if you have any plans to become an Entrepreneur, head on to his blog

Blog on Finance & Business

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article. I stumbled across it while looking for entrepreneurial lessons. Here's one you might be interested in:

http://smartstartup.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/07/how-to-go-from-.html