So my blog had preachy titles like "Take responsibility for your finances" or "Getting started is the key", cheesy ones like "Get rich or die tryin!" or "It doesn't require to be a genius to be rich"
Along the way I also named it as Ranjan's Weblog/blog on Business and Finance and the likes. I seem to have finally settled for the present title/subtitles, but who knows!
But I like it the way it is now. Ranjan's space: personal finance, infopreneurism, dotcom architecture and Me. While the blog evolved, I also learnt a lot on building a website and have dreams of becoming an infopreneur. The result is my site on personal finance, which is on the first page of google search results when you google "personal finance websites India"
It is satisfying to look back at 2007 when it comes to my web initiatives. A few blog posts that I recollect having fun in putting together are:
- Enjoy Blogging, or don't do it! was a list of answers that Amit Varma provided to my questions way back in January, 2007.
- In February, I did a newbie's preview/review of the Union Budget(Playing it safe) which helped me understand the budget for the first time.
- This asset allocation post was fun. (March, 07)
- My post for my son helped me come closer to him. (April,07)
- Entrepreneurship is a journey, not a destination (May,07)
- What was my Investment IQ (June,07)
- Impact of financial literacy on the Indian economy (July,07)
- India's first online weekly on personal finance in August, 07.
- Do your personal finance maths online in September, 07
- Does your agent use the information advantage against you? in October, 07.
- What are the different charges of ULIPs in November, 07.
- 40 today, Going on to be 25 in December, 07.