Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Golden Rules for Investing in Stocks

Nadeem Sama points out to the 25 golden rules of Investing in stocks. Is it possible for mortals like me to follow them? So instead of all the 25, I reproduce only 5 at one go!

  1. Plan your trades. Trade your plan.
  2. Keep records of your trading results.
  3. Keep a positive attitude, no matter how much you lose.
  4. Don't take the market home.
  5. Forget your College degree and trust your instincts.

Pretty basic. But easier said than done, eh? I like the one about trusting your instincts!

I'll come back with 5 more in the next post about golden rules.

Investing Gyan

Reviews, Tips, Calculators with an Indian perspective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ranjan,
These are good mantras for starters like me who want to invest in Stock Markets but are somewhat hesitant ;-)

Eagerly waiting for the other points to be covered in your next post.

-Himanshu
(Contributor to http://startups.in/india)
(Blogger at http://thoughtsprevail.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Thanks Himanshu, But the golden rules appear very daunting to me. I'm working on a post on India Investment options. That shd throw some more light.