Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Making New Beginnings On This Diwali

While Deepavali is popularly known as the "festival of lights" and "triumph of good over evil", a more appropriate significance is "the new year of luck and wealth". At least for me!

Especially since there are a lot of ideas that needs to be implemented in the coming year. For example, we have started building/designing modules for personal finance education. We are also building a Personal Finance Discussion Forum & a Financial Products Database

Personal Finance education is a relatively untouched area. And let me give you some dope why it's a bad idea to ignore it. Personal Finance looks at how an individual’s money and future is managed.It involves analyzing their current financial position, predicting short-term and long-term needs, and recommending a financial strategy. This may involve advice on retirement planning or pensions, wealth creation through stocks and mutual funds, children’s education, home loans, life insurance, and other investment.

So, don't you think it's a good idea to start building those modules for personal finance.

Wikis provide the tools for online collaboration and so we set up a wiki on this Diwali day to help us collaborate on this project.

We welcome your feedback, articles and suggestions to build the modules on personal finance. If you want to contribute by writing articles on a relevant subject, you are more than welcome.

Happy Diwali!


India's first online weekly on Personal Finance

1 comment:

Aisha Smith said...

Hi Ranjan,

I have gone through your blog and found it quite interesting. You have written short and simple post but quite thought provoking.I have some quality sites on credit, mortgage,debt,real estate and other financial topics. I would like to have you as my link partner. I can assure you that you will not regret by going for a link exchange with my sites. I am willing to give you some healthy links (both text and banner) from the content pages of my websites.I have also some financial blogs to link back to your website.

So if you feel interested,feel free to contact me at smith.aisha25@gmail.com with your website link details.

Looking forward to your esteemed reply,

With Regards
Aisha Smith