Thursday, October 12, 2006

Goals for the new year

A small crush with web technology is growing up to some serious work. Work which I'm enjoying. Something where I'm having fun while learning.

Thanks to friendly technology and help from the net community, I have a blog and a site running. Today I've created this site and have planned the following pages: Blogosphere , Personal Finance, Business Finance, Investing guide, Knowledge centre, Institutions , Insurance, Mutual Funds, Securities, Loans, Credit cards, Commodities, Forex, Tools, Calculators, Humour, Presentations and Consultants.

A vital aspect of working towards a goal is to put some pressure on yourself to achieve that. This is my way  to put pressure on myself by  publishing it on the net.  Initially I thought of having a target of earning a dollar or two every day by 1st  of Jan, 2007- a time frame of 2.5 months.  But then it is a greedy thought and isn't it better instead to have a target for traffic, say 500-1000 hits a day?

But as Covey tells you to act within the circle of influence , Krishna says that it is better to "act" and not care for the "results" and the Tao tells you that a journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step, here is my target for 1st Jan., 2007.

  1. I will complete 100 blogs ( http://financexchange.blogspot.com )
  2. I will write an e-book  (Guide to Investing)
  3. I will create  50 pages of my site  ( http://financeforu.googlepages.com/home )
Pray these noble thoughts hang on with me.

No comments: