I thought I understood that. But did I? Please help me what did the "expert" mean by those simple sentences. Let me try to deconstruct those simple lines.....
- On a roll: I think this stock is rocking, buy!
- since the beginning of the second quarter of the current fiscal year: Oh, it is a recent phenomena and what happened before that, we don't know. Doubt!
- sharp volatility: looks scary.
- gave up most of its gains: Bad, I have to rethink whether the stock is rocking!
- showing signs of good movement: Good, after all it's a Buy recommendation after all.
- with a long term, there are better bets: Doubt again about the stock.
There is a bigger issue of the subprime mess. Is there some accountability for the top dogs of financial services industry, the highly rated experts, who are responsible for the crisis?
*ABC is a stock which is real and the recommendation as above is verbatim.
What they teach you is to "Take responsibility for your own financial decisions"
India's first online weekly onpersonal finance